When I make a painting for you I am aware that it will become a part of your life for many years to come, so thank you.
We can talk about the colours and composition together or I can surprise you. Either way, let’s make a painting that can help you through a hard time, inspire you, give you hope and remind you to take time to regenerate.
The the first thing I do before putting paint to canvas is to turn down the noise of my own thoughts and focus on you, asking how I can best create a painting that will be really beneficial.
It is funny to think that I start my best paintings with my eyes closed!
Where do we begin?
By clicking on the link below you can contact me and we can set up our first conversation by Skype, or whatever platform suits you best. We can also simply discuss things via email if you prefer.
So here is what you can expect when you get in touch.
- We’ll fix a date for our first conversation and I’ll send you a list of things to consider before we talk.
- During the first free consultation you can ask me any questions and we’ll discuss the questions I sent. Together we will build an idea of the concept and feeling for this painting.
- After we’ve spoken, I will put together a rough sketch/sketches and email these to you along with a final price and a summary of everything we talked about.
- Once you are happy with the rough sketch’s colours and composition, I’ll ask you to pay 30% of the final price to secure the commission. This helps me to get the canvas & paints etc. The remaining payment is not due until the painting is finished, but you can also pay instalments if you prefer.
- Next I begin! Depending on the size of the painting and my schedule, your painting will be ready in between 2-4 months. It takes a long time to complete and dry. I don’t send progress photos, I like it to be a surprise!
- When I have finished I will send you a photograph and an explanation of the deeper meanings within the colours and composition I’ve used. Then, once you have paid the final payment, I will ship your painting to you.
I look forward to working with you to create this source of encouragement and peace in your home.
It was at this time that Libby began making a painting for me. When she showed it to me, I was completely shocked and overcome with gratitude. There before me was an inspiring image – a path through the trees and a brilliant light at the horizon. The painting spoke deeply into my situation and gave me hope that there was a way through.
Even now, years later- the painting that Libby created brings me back time and time again. It shows me both where I was and where I am going. It got me thinking about the power of Libby’s work and my own understanding of what it means “to heal” in my work as an acupuncturist. I wanted to express to others the power of her work as “healing through art.”
cinqelement.com Aimée Centivany - Southern France