Commissioning a Painting
When I make a painting for you I am aware that it will become a part of your life for many years to come, so I want to create something that has an ongoing positive influence in your life.
In dialogue with you and through my own intuition I intend to make a work that will inspire you, give you hope and help you daily to regenerate.
The the first thing I do before putting paint to canvas is to turn down the noise of my own thoughts and focus on you, asking how I can best create a painting that will be beneficial and uplifting.
Everyone who comes into my house also falls in love with her (Libby’s) art and I have a queue of people already offering to buy it from me. I will never sell it. Its vibrant colours, the perspective, the depth, the passion Libby puts into it, the story behind it all create an amazing work of art.Honor - Maison de la Roche, Southern France
Where do we begin?
By clicking on the link below you can contact me and we can set up our first conversation by Skype or via email if you prefer.
So here is what you can expect when you get in touch.
- We’ll fix a date for our first conversation and I’ll send you a list of things to consider before we talk.
- During the first free consultation we’ll discuss the questions I sent and you can ask me any questions. Together we will build an idea of the concept and feeling for your painting discussing the composion and colours that will work in your environment.
- After we’ve spoken, I will put together a rough sketch/sketches and email these to you along with a final price and a summary of everything we talked about.
- Once you are happy with the rough sketch and ideas we have discussed, I’ll ask you to pay 30% of the final price to secure the commission. This helps me to get the canvas & paints etc. The remaining payment is not due until the painting is finished, but you can also pay instalments if you prefer.
- Next I begin! Depending on the size of the painting and my schedule, your painting will be ready in between 2-4 months. It takes a long time to complete and dry. I don’t send progress photos, I like it to be a surprise!
- When I have finished I will send you a photograph and an explanation of the deeper meanings within the colours and composition I’ve used. Then, once you have paid the final payment, and shipping cost I will organise for the painting to be shipped to your preffered address.
Do get in touch, even if you are still undecided. It would be great to talk through your ideas.
I look forward to working with you to create this painting and hope it will be an enduring source of peace and beauty in your home.
When I met Libby Page, I was truly at a low point, facing some serious challenges in my life. Some days I felt lost, facing the unknown, uncertain about everything in my life.
It was at this time that Libby began making a painting for me. When she showed it to me, I was completely shocked and overcome with gratitude. There before me was an inspiring image – a path through the trees and a brilliant light at the horizon. The painting spoke deeply into my situation and gave me hope that there was a way through.
Even now, years later- the painting that Libby created brings me back time and time again. It shows me both where I was and where I am going. It got me thinking about the power of Libby’s work and my own understanding of what it means “to heal” in my work as an acupuncturist. I wanted to express to others the power of her work as “healing through art.”